Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Nerf Gun Modification

So I decided this past weekend to paint one of our nerf guns, just to get some practice with my airbrush, and to have some fun.

Here's a picture of the Nerf Gun that I'm going to paint.

Nerf Strongarm Gun which will be primed and Painted.

I then masked off part of the Orange Trigger and the front barrel and primed the Nerf Gun with a gray primer.  Here's an image of the primed gun, ready for painting.


Once I had everything primed, I painted the magazine, and the handle a Semi-Gloss Black.  Here's a picture of what the gun looked like after painting the magazine and the handle. I also put a bit of black overspray on the gun to dull a bit of the gray primer and give a bit of shadow in some areas.


 At this point, I didn't really take a lot of photos of the detail work of the gun and really just had some final images, as well as comparisons to the original.

Here's the finished product, with the masking removed.



Here's the other side of the gun.



Here is the Before / After Comparison of the two.


This was a pretty simple easy and fun project. It allowed me to use my airbrush some.

I've now been challenged to mod and paint our whole group of nerf guns we have.  Not sure I'm ready for that task yet, but it was a lot of fun.

Let me know what you think!

 - Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creating Stunning AI-Generated Landscapes

Artificial Intelligence has revolutionized the way we create art, and landscapes are no exception. With the help of AI, it is now possible t...